"We love Him because He first loved us."

1 John 4:19

Day trip..

Monday, July 30, 2007

Yesterday we decided to take a drive. We just didn't feel like sitting around the house. So, we headed off and ended up at the power lines over looking the Dixonville area. I don't know the exact name...I am a girl. LOL! I just love the view up there! It is so refreshing and peaceful. Ted and I ride the 4-wheelers up there quite a bit. We have nicknamed it 'Boobie Ridge'. Okay, too much information. LOL! Here is a shot I took of the huge power lines!! They make me dizzy when I look up at them. You can't tell from this pic...but they are sooo tall!! The second is the view over the valley. :)

After checking out the view, we hiked a LONG way to an abandoned mine shaft. It really was quite cool. It's is just right there...a big whole in the mountain side. It was pretty dark in the hole...we couldn't see much. The camera had a flash, so this image is a lot clearer than the real thing. The pic of Dylan is him hiking down the hill....skipping the trail!! He scares his mom. LOL. The last pic is of Ashley & her treasures. She was collecting used bullets all the way there. I am not sure what she was going to do with them. :)


Now for the fun part of the day. *insert eye rolling here* After this looooong day of hiking, we were pooped. Dylan & I didn't feel like hiking back up to the Jeep. (Ashley was cheating...Ted was carrying her) So, we decided to hike down the hill....and Ted & Ash could pick us up at the bottom. It was not one of my brighter moments. This is what Dylan and I hiked through. A log jam. It's just a massive pile-up of logs, trees, and sticks....YUCK! Some of them were about 4-5 feet off the ground. We crawled on top of some...under some....and I even got stuck for about 15 minutes. Oh, did I mention I was in sandals & capris?? Thank god Dylan was in boots & his Carhartt pants!! He told me that I should have worn 'man pants' too. LOL!! All in all it was about 50 yards of 'woodsy hell'. We made it just fine. I didn't even scratch my camera...AND I managed to take this pic at the bottom! :D

I am going to leave you with this fun pic. At the top of the hill, my dead-eye husband spotted a deer down at the bottom of the valley. I took the camera....zoomed in...and saw that it was a mommy & baby!! You can even see the little spots! I am telling you....I love this new camera! :D Have a great Monday....and I will post again soon!! :P

1 comments:

Anonymous,  July 30, 2007 at 2:18 PM  

Love all the pictures! Where exactly were you? I see those power lines all the time and I don't know where you were when you took that picture! Tough chick for hiking down that hill! Was Ted waiting at the bottom or did you beat him? And Gabe collects shell casings too!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP