"We love Him because He first loved us."

1 John 4:19

Memorial Weekend

Monday, June 2, 2008

Hello! Sorry for the long delay in posts. I have been doing the 'migraine' thing, so I tend to stay off the computer during those times. I do give my apologies. Thanks for not sending out hate mail. LOL! I am back feeling the 'blogger' bug...you better watch out! Usually when that happens I change my layout....you will just have to deal with it. LOL!! Think of it as my very own internet 'barbie'...dress & re-dress! :D

Ok, back to the important stuff! This Memorial weekend was kind of whack. We didn't really do anything. On Saturday we had some crazy weather. It was a nice combo of rain/hail/wind/thunder/lightning. It was actually pretty fun. We just hung out outside and enjoyed it. Sunday we did nothing...nada...zilch. It was just a nice day to relax and catch up on some rest. On Monday we went to the fish ladder. I think its a fish ladder. LOL. I know that's what it is, but I don't know if people call it that. LOL!! Anyway, we got to see the huge salmon running. There were a few steelhead, but mostly salmon. Sometimes I forget how huge they really are.

Not really anything else going on. Ash gets to go to school all day this week. They are trying it out so that 1st grade wont be so shocking. Don't tell anyone, but I cried when she left this morning! :( She is usually here until 11 every day. I had to send her out the door at 7:45 this morning! :( Her mama can't handle her growing up.

Now onto some pics!

Here are some little video clips of the storm & kids in the storm. :)

These are some pics of the fish making their way through the ladder. I put Ash in one for size comparison. I never did get pics of the biggest 3. They were sneaky little things. LOL! Oh, and I got a neat pic of a crane. He was so cool to watch. He was quite the skilled fisherman. Last, but not least, I added a little video clip of the fish. It was just so much neater with movement. :)

I hope you all have a great Monday/Tuesday, and I shall be posting again soon! I promise it won't be such a long delay this time. :D

6 comments:

Addie June 2, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

Wow! Lots of video! Your kids are crazy! We were just going to stop at the fish ladder on Sat and we didn't. Now we'll have to go!

SHANE, JENN and CARTER June 3, 2008 at 6:45 AM  

LOL... that is so funny your kids out in that crazy weather !!!! Silly kids !!! Love all the pictures !! and I love how you change all your backgrounds on your blog !!!

Candid Carrie June 3, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

Oh, how cute is that to send your kids out into a storm just to get grins and giggles for random strangers that lurk at your blog! I absolutely love it and wish I would have thought of it. You might as well add a kite and a key and let them feel the electricity!

Flo June 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

Love the videos in the rain and of course you can tell the kids just hated that they had to be in the rain. LOL I barely can get my blog page changed once in a few months and you find all the cool stuff to do yours often.(well as often as you update your blog anyway)LOL
Glad that you ae feeling better and hope to see you post more often.

Lex the mom June 5, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

Ah, I think D likes that waaaaaayyyy too much! & Ash seemed to enjoy it at first, then she must have decided it was too cold? Heh - I lov ethe way she sqeuals! It's adorable!

& those fish are stinkin huge!!!

PS - your storms don't hold a candle to ours, but you already know that! And, the ones we see here are weak compared to others that hit south of us. Heh. WHy do they call it a fish ladder?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP