"We love Him because He first loved us."

1 John 4:19

Yay!!

Friday, May 16, 2008

It finally happened! We finally got a new range! The house we live in is old...very old. The range that we have had for the last 8 years is about 35 years old. It's an old JennAir. I am sure is was like the 'Jetson's' when new...but not 35 years later. LOL!! It was a giant hunk of poo! I only had 2 burners, and 1 only worked half of the time. The griddle coating was almost gone, & the grills just brought out the smells from inside. Yuck city!! Oh, and we didn't have a hood because JennAir stoves suck the air down. We just had a little light that we plugged in. It was just nasty! We finally got the money & got a new Kenmore! Thanks George Bush! It has a ceramic top, and that scares the bejeebers out of me....but I'll live. :D With the 4 burners, lighted hood, & an actual working oven light....I am in Jetson's heaven!! Seriously, I feel so very blessed! Here are my before & after shots. Big difference!! I even threw in a picture of the first cake I baked in my working oven! Let's just say I suck at cakes! LOLOLOL!!! I laughed so hard that my sides hurt. I just had to throw in a picture of it. Notice the melted frosting...that's what you get with a husband that has no patience. :D Enjoy!!




2 comments:

Candid Carrie May 17, 2008 at 5:16 AM  

I was excited about my first "new" oven. They are a curse and a blessing. It seems to raise the bar for everyone's expectations.

Seriously, did you ever see the day coming where you would be this excited about an oven? How cool for you ;)

Lex the mom May 20, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

You are officially tagged, my dear! Go peek at my bloggie & do it!

OMG! I love the way that baby looks in your kitchen! & after the hassle it took to get it in there - it's gorgeous! YAY!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP