"We love Him because He first loved us."

1 John 4:19

Crap.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Last night the kiddos and I decided to go to Moms for dinner. She lives about 20 miles away. You take the freeway 95% of the way. I am driving along and BAM!! I get pulled over!! No, seriously...pulled over by the Fuzz. I don't get pulled over. Not me. That's Ted's department. Not only did I get pulled over, I got a ticket!! A $242 ticket!! Now I have to give all my money to The Man.

I didn't even think to talk it out with him. All my blood rushed to my head, and I just kept trying not to cry. I wanted to play it cool in front of my kids. They seemed pretty nervous. The dialog between them was pretty funny. It went something like this: Ashley, "Bubba, how much is it gonna be...like $1000?". Dylan, "No way. It's gonna be waaaay more than $1000". Ashley, "What are we gonna do? Daddy only makes $60 a year!". Dylan, "I don't know, but Dad is gonna be mad.". Ashley, "What if she gets arrested?". Dylan, "I don't think she will." I ended that conversation with "Your Dad isn't going to be mad. He won't say anything. He will be laughing too hysterically to speak."

So, my 11 year perfect record is shot. Straight down the toilet it went. I hadn't been pulled over since I was 19 and I liked it! :( Now I am just a 'law breaker nancy'. I guess that will teach me to slow down and pay more attention. LOL! Damn it! :P


side note: my peeps don't think this layout suits me at all...and I agree. It's pretty, but not really 'me'. I will be making a new one today. It takes me a bit, so look for the change this afternoon. For those of you that are new to my blog....I change layouts a lot. LOL! I don't ever have anything for too long. :D

***edits all done. This layout is much more me. What do you think?

6 comments:

SHANE, JENN and CARTER June 21, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

LOL... that is too funny !!!! Sorry to hear that your hubby only make $60 !!! Isn't that funny how they think of that kind of stuff??? Well, hopefully this doesn't come in "3's" !!

JWilson June 22, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

OK I have to ask but how much over the speed limit were you going to get a $242 ticket? Here in Ohio the biggest ticket I have ever heard anyone get was like $150 for about 20- 30 over the speed limit.

~Billie~ June 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Only 17 miles over. Oregon sucks. LOL!!

JWilson June 23, 2008 at 7:02 AM  

OK Note to self don't speed in Oregon!

Addie June 23, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

I'm laughing at all the nicknames! 'The Fuzz', 'The Man' and 'law breaker Nancy'! You're so funny! Sorry about the ticket, I'm sure we'll be discussing it in the future! And I really like the new blog layout! It is more you, for sure!

tiarastantrums June 24, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

stinks! Big time!

I thought I was the only one who changed their layout weekly - almost. I get so tired of looking at the same background. I never see anyone else doing this - hurray for us!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP