"We love Him because He first loved us."

1 John 4:19

First Day of School

Thursday, September 4, 2008

So the kids went back to school on Tuesday. Ash in 1st grade, and Dyl in 5th. I had a really hard time leaving Ashley. She went to Kindergarten last year, but it was only for half the day. This is the first time she has been away all day like that. I have to admit, I got misty eyed. It's just so hard to believe that my baby is so old.

Speaking of old...Dylan is in 5th grade!!! I remember 5th grade like it was yesterday! It's so weird, but I felt sooo much older at 10 than Dylan seems to be. I think, in a sense, I was. He is still pretty young at heart. Which is a good thing. I want my children to be a little naive & young. I would much rather have that, than kids that grow up waaay too fast, and know waaay too much. Some of the kids you see around town scare the crap out of me. 11-12 year olds shouldn't live like 18-19 year olds. Unfortunately, a lot do.

Ash is really loving 1st grade. I knew she would be fabulous. She is so smart & really stands out in her class. I know I am her mom, but the teachers tell me that. LOL! Oh! Dylan starts band this year! He is sooo excited! He is going to be a drummer. His snare drum kit arrives on Monday. We can't wait! I think this will be really good for Dylan. He isn't into sports much, but has always loved music. Even at a very young age, he was musical. I always knew he would go in this direction. I am glad he picked drums too. I think that is an instrument that boys want to play all through school. Others seem to get dropped after 6th grade.

Isn't it funny how you can see things in your children even when they are still babies & toddlers? I knew Dylan would gravitate towards music, and Ash is an artist. Always has been, always will be. I love that my children are creative. That is the one thing I always wanted to be...more creative. I prayed that my children would have the 'artsy-fartsy' gene that I never had. I am so thankful that the Lord listened. Both my babies make me so proud at how they use their imaginations. I hope they never lose that.

Here are some snaps of them out the door for school. Don't mind Ashley's squinty eyes, the sun was bright. LOL!!

5 comments:

Marcee Miller September 4, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

Ohhhh! Cute picts! Ya-ya has a backpack just like me! =) How cute.

You know, I just never thought that hot pink and that neon green would come back in style! Love the laces!

Addie September 5, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Oh, they are getting big! Maybe you should have another! LOL! You know you did go to the Coast prior to school starting and you haven't blogged those pictures yet! See you tonight!

Flo September 7, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

Love to see them all dressed up for the first day of school... Ahhhh I remember when...... they look so cute and I love the pink shoe laces

SHANE, JENN and CARTER September 8, 2008 at 12:15 PM  

Have a great time in school kids ! At least at this age they still like school, right?

Cindy September 13, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

Isn't is crazy how fast theu grow up!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP