"We love Him because He first loved us."

1 John 4:19

They Grow So Fast!!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Yesterday my baby boy turned 9. I still can't believe it. He is such a miracle! That picture above is of Dylan at around 1 week old. Dylan was born 16 weeks early, and only weighed 1lb 15oz & was 13 inches long. He lost down to 1lb 6oz around 1week old. That is how much he weighed up above. He had just had his heart surgery....see the bandage that takes up his whole left side? Those are my hands at his head and legs. If you look really close, that is a sheep Beanie Baby up above him. (click on pic to make it larger) Sometimes I look at these pictures and can't believe it's him. He has overcome so much! God has truly touched him and pulled him through. They told me he might be blind, he's not. They told me he might be paralyzed, he's not. They told me he WOULD be slow, he absolutely is not. Dylan is the tallest, fastest, smartest kid in his class. That isn't even a mother bragging....it is all true! He is about 6 inches taller than the closest boy...and about 9 inches taller than the rest. He is going into 4th grade and reads at 8th grade level. AND he has wrestled since he was 5 and taken a top 3 place every year!! :D So, my lesson for the day: When life throws you unbeatable odds, turn to God and let him handle it. He is there. You just have to look up and ask. No one can look at my baby boy and doubt that for one second!! Oh, did I mention that he is the most handsome too?? LOL!! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN---I LOVE YOU!!!!!


Ps......sorry for being a Blog Slacker! :P

3 comments:

Anonymous,  August 22, 2007 at 9:36 AM  

Happy Birthday Dylan! Yes, God is great and your pictures prove it! Man, that seems like it was yesterday! How did he grow so fast! And I know you have a cheesier photo of him than that!

SHANE, JENN and CARTER August 22, 2007 at 10:21 AM  

Ohhh Myyy Goshhh !! You totally made me cry Billie !!!! That is a total miracle !!!!! Such a tiny baby boy !!!! That must have been awful when the dr's told you all that !!!
Hope he has a wonderful birthday !!!

Flo August 23, 2007 at 12:52 PM  

Happy Birthday Dylan!
That is a great miracle story with a happy ending. We are all so blessed with healthy children and for your son to have survived is truly a miracle. He is a handsome young boy.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP