"We love Him because He first loved us."

1 John 4:19

Our Anniversary Trip---Part 3

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

On Friday, we headed up to Tillamook and ended up at the Air Museum! It's this old air hanger that was home to Blimps in WWII. The size of this building is mind blowing! It is over 15 stories high! I highly recommend this to anyone of you with kids. It's something they will never forget. :)

Here is an aerial shot of the entire property. I took a picture of a postcard!! LOL!!


This is a photo that they had on the wall....it was taken during WWII. That blimp is over 4 times the size of the Goodyear blimp. WOW!!

I took pictures of all of the planes....but I will just post my favorite one. I liked this little plane because that gun makes it look like a mosquito! :D

This is just a shot of the back half of the hanger. :)

These are pics of Ted and I in front of one of the larger planes. Look at the size of that tire! Ted wanted me to pose by the jet....he thought it looked like it was going to eat me. LOL! I swear, they are really never over 9! :D

Ted said that we just had to take a picture of all the guns on the planes for Dylan to see. He was pretty impressed! :D

They had several little cock pits that you could sit in. Look at all the buttons and dials!!

Did I mention that men never age over 9??? You may not be able to tell....but Ted is making machine gun noises! LOL!! How cute is that? :D

That pretty much sums up the Air Museum!! It was definitely worth the drive....and I am going to be taking the babies there soon! I will post the final part of our trip later today. The last part has to be the most exciting one for me.....stay tuned.....

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 15, 2007 at 11:49 AM  

I'm staying tuned and can't wait! Great pictures! We want to go there sometime. That place is huge! The aerial shot was cool. I was thinking you went in a plane for a sec there!

SHANE, JENN and CARTER August 16, 2007 at 5:28 PM  

WHAT FUN IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD ON YOUR VACATION... I REALLY LOVE THE PICTURES OF THE SUNSETS !!! THOSE ARE GREAT !!!! IT'S FUNNY YOU KEEP UP YEARNING FOR MORE, AND WAITING FOR THE 4th PART OF YOUR JOURNEY IS JUST KEEPING US IN SUSPENCE !! LOL !!!! I LOVE IT !!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP