"We love Him because He first loved us."

1 John 4:19

Ropes, Tree Hugging, & Dorky Dads

Thursday, May 8, 2008

My kids have a rope that hangs from a tree in our front yard. It has knots all the way up. They climb it, swing from it, & Dylan even sword fights with it. It truly is the very best toy we have ever owned. It is consistently played with, and even fought over. Even Mr. Pickles used to grab on swinging, gripping for dear life. LOL! Dylan can climb it without using his legs/feet. I tell you, it is very impressive to watch. That kid has the strength of Hercules sometimes!! I snapped a couple of shots while lounging under the rope tree. I think they turned out nice. :)

Bentlee isn't into swinging on the rope yet. She has more fun hugging the tree it's tied too. LOL! Seriously...she is always hugging on this tree. I haven't quite figured out what is going on there. Such a silly girl! I can't believe she is almost 2. *sigh*

Now onto the 'Dorky Dad' thing. First, I need to take you back to the end of last summer. I had a day trip somewhere. I don't remember where exactly, but it really doesn't matter. The kids were going to spend the day at home with their dad. I am not sure what Dylan did (probably Nintendo), but when I got home I heard all about Ashley's big day. She had taken some river rocks and colored pictures on each one. Then she put them all in a bucket with a 'For Sale' sign. Five cents to be exact. LOL! Her and her dad sold them on the street corner. I think Ted, Dylan, & the neighbor man were the only customers. Anyway, she was so proud of herself for selling her first art pieces. Keep in mind, Ashley was born an artist and wants to do it forever. Now, this little story has come up a handful of times in the last year. Well, my husband races in the front door last week totally excited. Evidently the neighbor man found a picture he took of Ashley on the corner. Ted was so excited. He hands me the picture, and I just looked at it. Yes, it was cute. Yes, she was precious....BUT....oh my goodness!! Look at how her father dressed her to sell items to the public!! Seriously....look at that outfit! I am sure it is just a mom thing...but I just can't get over how truly dorky dads can be sometimes. LOL!! I hope she doesn't need therapy. No! I am kidding! Her daddy is amazing with her! He just has really, really, dorky fashion sense!

4 comments:

Addie May 9, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Great pictures! I think Ash looks adorable! What a great picture. You need to scrapbook that! And I love the new plaid!

Anonymous,  May 9, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

Oh no, you are mistaken...I bought 2 rocks for a total of 10¢!!! They were adorable.

Anonymous,  May 10, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

LOL She looks like she was dressed by Ted. Where is the rain or was it sunny (shorts)? She looks so young in the picture. It is hard to believe how much they change in a year.

Lex the mom May 10, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

I think Ted made her look more adorable - to sell more pretty rocks. I love, love, love the second pic of Ash on the rope - makes me crack up each time I look at it.

I think I have to send you guys a nickel so I can have one of Ash's rocks.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP